Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Daoibh!

March 17th, 2013 jtcond13

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!  I hope you don’t mind the “cupla fócal” but Mid-March is one of the few times when my friends tolerate my Irish phrases and I need to squeeze everything out of it.  I was happy to find out that Holy Cross now has events on campus to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day instead of totally leaving it to us.  Last night we had an Irish music night in Hogan and tomorrow there are plans for food and drink on the Kimball quad.

In the time since the new year I have been busy with my (last) classes here and preparations for my life after Holy Cross.  Fortunately, they’ve sponsored a few fun events for seniors over the semester to give us a chance to talk to one another. At the “Hundred Days Dance” a few weeks ago, I spoke (and danced with) with some people I hadn’t seen in years!  I came to the dance from a job interview and a meeting in Boston; I was surprised by how relieved I found myself when I got dropped off back on campus.  Holy Cross truly has become another home.

However, there are exciting prospects for the future for many of the class of ’13.  I’ve heard from people getting great jobs in business, spots in top graduate schools and volunteer programs or working in government down in Washington, D.C.  My own plans have yet to be finalized so I’ll leave them off for the time being.  I’m trying to enjoy the great Holy Cross events and get the most out of my classes before May comes.

A wonderful Saint Patrick’s Day to all readers!